The components of a smart cities include the following: smart infrastructure, smart buildings, smart transportation, smart energy, smart healthcare, smart technology, smart governance, smart education, and smart citizens.
The various attributes of smart cities include sustainability, quality of life (QoL), urbanization, and smartness. The sustainability of a smart city is related to city infrastructure and governance, energy and climate change, pollution and waste, and social issues, economics and health
We are developing programs inside the Smart City Project that contribute to the rapid transit system, waste management system, road network, railway network, communication system, traffic light system, street light system, office space, water supply system, gas supply system, power supply system, firefighting system, hospital system, bridges, apartment homes, hotels, digital library, law enforcement, economy system, physical infrastructure, sensors, firmware, and software.
- Value from city assets
- Improved efficiency of services
- Business and innovation and investment
- Improved community engagement by involving people in the design of government services.
- Increased benefit to the economy through the release of open data
- Increased perception of Charles Sturt as a modern and progressive place to live and do business
- Real-time alerts and monitoring to create city wide situational awareness
- Reduced carbon emissions and energy
- Engage with customers by sourcing, implementing and developing technology
- Improve digital literacy and ensure equitable community access to technology and its benefits.
- Support inclusion and accessibility through digital technology
- Promote projects, experiences, events and local history with interactive technologies
- Support sustainable transport modes by collecting and leveraging data
- Support environmental decision making by collecting and leveraging data
- Incorporate smart environmental technology and design into projects
- Use emerging technologies to engage citizens in sustainable environmental behaviors